Research Ethics Protocol Submissions
Submitting an Application
Important: The CBU REB will be moving to a once a month review system starting May 2019. Please see the list of
submission deadlines for 2019-2020 below. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Expedited review requests will
not be accepted at this time.
- Review the submission deadlines for 2019-2020 (below).
- Complete your REB protocol by downloading and completing a CBU
REB Form. (Last revision: January 13, 2020)
- Include all relevant forms such as interview guides and/or an informed
- Student researchers are now required to complete the TCPS
2 Tutorial and submit proof of completion as part of their application.
- Students are required to have their application reviewed and approved by their supervisor. The
supervisor and student’s signature must be submitted as part of the application.
- Email a completed application to email@example.com.
- You should receive a confirmation email that your application has been received one week after it has been
- Informed Consent form(s)
- Questionnaires, Interview guides, recruitment tools (emails, posters, etc.)
- Students: Supervisor signature for student ethics application (signed by your professor,
scanned, and ready to upload)
- Students: TCPS2 Tutorial Certificates (upload the certificate of each group member)
You should receive a confirmation email that your application has been received one week after it has been submitted.
Submission Deadlines to the CBU REB for 2019-2020
|Monday, May 13, 2019
||Tuesday, November 12, 2019
|Monday, June 10, 2019
||Monday, December 2, 2019
|Monday, July 15, 2019
||Monday, January 13, 2020
|Monday, August 12, 2019
||Monday, February 10, 2020
|Monday, September 16, 2019
||Monday, March 9, 2020
|Tuesday, October 15, 2019
||Monday, April 13, 2020
- Contact Nicole MacDougall, CBU REB Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.
- The CBU REB aims to have applications reviewed within 4 – 6 weeks. However, during peak times, there may be
longer wait times. Applications that are partially incomplete will take longer to process.
Any research involving human participants requires approval from the CBU REB prior to the start of the research
Questions? Contact email@example.com (902) 563-1107.
A note for Mac or iPad users: please use Adobe Reader or Acrobat to open these forms. The Mac Previewer does not
save the filled forms properly.