Fall Convocation – Saturday, November 6th, 2021
10:00 am – School of Arts and Social Sciences and Shannon School of Business
3:00 pm – School of Nursing, School of Education and Health and School of Science and Technology
Convocation is an important celebratory milestone for students, and we are very proud of the hard work and dedication our students have put in to reach this goal. Please refer to this page regularly for updates on upcoming convocation ceremonies.
This year, CBU will celebrate their Fall grads with two in-person ceremonies. Graduates from the School of Arts and Social Sciences and Shannon School of Business will receive their parchment in a ceremony at 10:00 am on Saturday, November 6th at the Canada Games Complex. Graduates from the School of Nursing, School of Education and Health and School of Science and Technology will receive their parchment in a ceremony at 3:00 pm on Saturday, November 6th also at the Canada Games Complex.
Next Steps for Grads
After the Potential Grad List has been published, find your name take the following steps to make sure your information is accurate and up-to-date:
Review Your Name and Personal Contact Information
If you need to make changes to any of the following information, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible.
- The name that will appear on your credential (degree, diploma, certificate) will be exactly the same as the name currently shown in your Compass Student Account. Please review to ensure your name is not missing any accents, hyphens or periods and does not need to be changed in any way.
- The contact information listed in your Compass Student Account will also be used for convocation-related material. Please review for accuracy.
- All graduating students will be included in the Spring Convocation Booklet, please notify us if you do not want your name published.
Review and/or Update Your Address
- Please review your current address in the Compass Student Account. It is crucial to have the accurate address listed. Replacing a lost credential is a time-consuming and difficult process, so we want to make sure your parchment gets to the right place. If credentials need to be re-shipped due to an invalid or out of date address, the cost will have to be paid by the graduate.
Review Your Program Name
- Please ensure the program listed on the potential grad list is correct. If not, you may need to complete a program change form (i.e applying to graduate with honours)
- Credentials will not be provided to students with an outstanding balance on their account. Before convocation, ensure you have paid all outstanding fees.
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like your conferral of degree to appear on your official transcript, please wait until November 6 to request a transcript. Please check your unofficial transcript in your Compass Student Account to ensure your degree is showing on your transcript before you make your request.
Purchasing Grad Gowns
A number of students have expressed interest in purchasing regalia, so we have worked with our provider, Harcourts, to arrange direct purchase options for students. To learn more or purchase regalia, visit their website here.
Please see our list of FAQs at the bottom of this page for more information.