Convocation is an important celebratory milestone for students, and we are very proud of the hard work and dedication our students have put in to reach this goal. Please refer to this page regularly for updates on upcoming convocation ceremonies.
Apply to Graduate: Fall 2021
The Fall 2021 convocation will be held on Saturday, November 6, 2021. In order to be included in the ceremony, potential graduates must complete the Fall 2021 Graduate Application, which can be found in your Compass Student Account.
Before applying, please read the following:
- Program requirements must be completed by the end of the 2021 Spring/Summer term (August 31, 2021).
- Check your progress by logging into your Compass Student Account and clicking on the Student Planning section to ensure your requirements have been met.
- When applying, please double check that your program is correct and any majors or specializations (concentrations) are also listed.
- If you require a program change, please submit this form to your Dean’s office for approval.
The Fall 2021 Convocation ceremony will be held in person pending provincial public health restrictions related to COVID-19. An official message will be sent to students and shared on this page in the near future.
Next Steps for Grads
After the Potential Grad List has been published, find your name take the following steps to make sure your information is accurate and up-to-date:
Review Your Name and Personal Contact Information
If you need to make changes to any of the following information, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible.
- The name that will appear on your credential (degree, diploma, certificate) will be exactly the same as the name currently shown in your Compass Student Account. Please review to ensure your name is not missing any accents, hyphens or periods and does not need to be changed in any way.
- The contact information listed in your Compass Student Account will also be used for convocation-related material. Please review for accuracy.
- All graduating students will be included in the Spring Convocation Booklet, please notify us if you do not want your name published.
Review and/or Update Your Address
- Please review your current address in the Compass Student Account. If you make any changes within the account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so they can ensure the same change is made in their files. It is crucial to have the accurate address listed. Replacing a lost credential is a time-consuming and difficult process, so we want to make sure your parchment gets to the right place. If credentials need to be re-shipped due to an invalid or out of date address, the cost will have to be paid by the graduate.
- Next to your name in the Convocation Booklet, your place of residence will be listed. If you would like to update this information, please email email@example.com
Review Your Program Name
- Please ensure the program listed on the potential grad list is correct. If not, you may need to complete a program change form (i.e applying to graduate with honours)
- Credentials will not be provided to students with an outstanding balance on their account. Before convocation, ensure you have paid all outstanding fees.
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like your conferral of degree to appear on your official transcript, please wait until November 6 to request a transcript. Please check your unofficial transcript in your Compass Student Account to ensure your degree is showing on your transcript before you make your request.
Purchasing Grad Gowns
A number of students have expressed interest in purchasing regalia, so we have worked with our provider, Harcourts, to arrange direct purchase options for students. To learn more or purchase regalia, visit their website here.
Please see our list of FAQs at the bottom of this page for more information.