Cape Breton University accepts the following methods of payment:
For students making a payment within Canada:
- Log into your bank’s website.
- Select the option to make a payment.
- Add Cape Breton University as the payee (full university name required).
- Use your CBU Student ID Number as account number.
- Double check account number for typing errors to ensure payment is applied to proper student account.
- Enter payment amount.
Please allow 2-3 business days for online banking payments to be posted to student account.
- Payable in person at Enrolment Services.
Certified Cheque or Money Order
- Personal cheques not accepted.
For students making a payment outside of Canada:
CIBC International Student Pay:
- Enhanced Student Experience: Easily make a tuition payment in your preferred currency.
- Access to Live Foreign Exchange Rates: With CIBC International Student Pay, you’ll have access to the competitive foreign exchange rates CIBC is providing to Cape Breton University students.
- End-to-End Communication: You’ll receive detailed instructions and a reference code.
There are no transaction charges from CIBC or from CBU. For more information on the program, please click here.
To get a quote and payment instruction, please click here.
- Select the country you are paying from, and how much you want to transfer to CBU.
- Review the quote, and see up front what the exchange amount will be.
- When making payments, ensure you chose to pay in the local currency option (i.e Indian Rupees), as that is the preferred exchange rate provided to CBU for students. If you choose to use the Canadian Dollar option there is an administration charge of 2.5% for processing the transaction, this is going to result is higher fees for you. When you choose the Canadian Dollar option, the additional fee will be highlighted and must be agreed upon by the student before finalizing the transaction, so you cannot encounter these fees without warning and agreement.
© 2019 Cape Breton University