Please note: In-person hours of operation are 9:00am-4:00pm with a closure from 12:30-1:30pm daily. To avoid lines, we encourage students to pay online whenever possible.
Cape Breton University accepts the following methods of payment:
Make a Payment within Canada
- Visit the Office of the Registrar and Admissions (Formerly Enrolment Services)
- Pay at the front counter using cash, bank draft, money order or debit
- Personal cheque and credit card not accepted for tuition and fees
Note: Many students have limits of $1000 on their cards. Please check this with your bank before visiting campus to make in-person payments.
- Log into your bank’s website.
- Select the option to make a payment.
- Add Cape Breton University as the payee (full university name required).
- Use your CBU Student ID Number as account number.
- Double check account number for typing errors to ensure payment is applied to proper student account.
- Enter payment amount.
Please allow 3-4 business days for online banking payments to be posted to student account. An additional 10-14 business days are required for international banking transactions to be received by CBU.
- Please use your 7-digit Compass ID number for this transaction
- Log in to Compass and go to the “Financial Information” tab on the Student Self-Serve portal
- Select “Make a Payment” from the drop down list, and you will be directed to the CIBC Student Pay portal
- Choose the country you are making the payment from by typing or selecting from the drop down menu (Please note: Canada will not be the default)
- You can pay by Visa, Mastercard, or Direct Debit (you will need your full account number for Direct Debit — not your debit card number)
- For Direct Debit payments, type your full bank name (Royal Bank, not RBC; Bank of Montreal, not BMO; etc.)
- Enter required information, including payment amount
Note: only current students with an active CBU email address are eligible to pay via this method.
Make a Payment from Outside of Canada
CIBC International Student Pay
Cape Breton University has partnered with CIBC International Student Pay to offer students a cost-effective method to pay their fees directly to the University from anywhere in the world. With CIBC International Student Pay, you’ll receive:
- Enhanced Student Experience: Conveniently make payments in the currency of your choice. Your payments will be updated in your CBU Student Account automatically.
- Access to Live Foreign Exchange Rates: Benefit from live, preferred Foreign Exchange rates provided exclusively to CBU students by CIBC.
- End-to-End Communication: Easily track your payment online, anytime. Receive ongoing status updates until your payment is complete.
Note: You do NOT need to go to a CIBC bank branch or have a CIBC bank account to use this service.
Make your payments in 5 simple steps:
- Access the CIBC International Student Pay secure web portal.
- Select your country of payment and the payment amount in CAD ($).
- Pick your preferred method of payment.
- Pay in your preferred currency.
- Enter your student and payee details and click submit.
Additional Information on CIBC International Student Pay
There are no transaction charges from CIBC or from CBU. For more information about CIBC International Student Pay, please visit the CIBC website, the FAQ page or contact email@example.com.
Cape Breton University reserves the right, without liability or penalty and without notice, to make changes to its policies and offered services and programs, including alteration of fees, cancellation of particular courses and changes to financial policies including the Refund Policy. Every student accepted for registration in Cape Breton University shall be deemed to have agreed to any such changes, whether made before or after said acceptance. Please see Cape Breton University Academic Calendar