The CBU Animal Care Committee (ACC) is responsible for:
- Ensuring that animal care and use procedures at CBU comply with CCAC guidelines
- Evaluating animal use protocols to determine their ethical acceptability
- Ensuring that due consideration is given to the ethics of animal experimentation by all those involved
and has the authority to:
- Stop any objectionable procedure if it considers that unnecessary distress or pain is being experienced by an animal
- Stop immediately any use of animals which deviates from the approved use, any no-approved procedure, or any procedure causing unforeseen pain or distress to animals.
- Have an animal killed humanely if pain or distress to the animal cannot be alleviated.
The ACC reports to the Vice-President, Academic through the Office of Research & Graduate Studies.
Terms of Reference in (PDF).