Located in the absolute centre of downtown in the vibrant Halifax waterfront, in the heart of the new
Queen’s Marque district, Muir offers elevated hospitality inspired by the spirit, culture and natural
beauty of Nova Scotia. In each of our departments, our team shares a common goal – providing an
exceptional customer experience in a clean, comfortable environment. If you are passionate about a
career in hospitality and want to join a team that shares this common goal, the Muir is presently seeking
a Housekeeping Supervisor.
• Eligible for $500 signing bonus upon completion of probationary period.
• Payment for on call shifts even when you are not called in.
• Evening shift premiums.
• Eligible for shift premiums based on our self-inspection program.
• Eligible for shift premiums based on hotel capacity.
• Access to our employee development/education reimbursement program.
• Company scholarship program for employees and family members.
• Flexible work schedule.
• One earned day off every two months based on attendance.
• 50% reimbursement of monthly transit pass.
• Access to our gym and fitness facilities.
• Shoe allowance of $100 per year.
• Uniform dry cleaning.
• Eligible for the annual company bonus program.
• Comprehensive Extended, Health, and Dental benefits.
• Opportunity to Participate in the Employer sponsored retirement savings program.
• Access to Marriott employee travel benefits.
• Employee centric back of house experience.
Shifts: Vary in their start and end time and can change due to the needs of our guests. A mixture of
days, evenings, holidays and weekend shifts.
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, assists in the daily supervision of the Housekeeping
Department according to Muir’s set standards, providing support and leadership to a team of Room
Attendants, Public Area Attendants, Porters, and Turndown Attendants.
The Housekeeping Supervisor helps establish and maintain cleanliness standards for the entire Muir
property and will;
• Assist in meeting the strategic goals of the Housekeeping department
• Supervise and oversee day-to-day Housekeeping operation, assuming responsibilities
of Executive Housekeeper in their absence
• Coach and train all staff in the department, improving their work performance through
inspections, corrections of standards, and providing direction
• Conduct physical inspections of guest rooms, public areas, F&B outlets and offices to ensure
prescribed standards of cleanliness daily
• Seek continuous improvements in process of operations, services and products
• Prepare cleaning and maintenance schedules, establishing and maintaining standards and
procedures of cleanliness for the entire hotel
• Monitor guest questionnaires and Medallia results to identify shortfalls and service issues
• Maintain consistent quality of plants and flowers for public areas and guest rooms according to
• Coordinate closely with Maintenance for daily and yearly repair and maintenance programmes
of guest rooms and public areas
• Attend promptly to all guest complaints and requests
• Implement opportunities for quality team building
• Actively promote a considerate work environment which cares for guests and associates alike
• Ensure compliance with legislated health and safety requirements within the workplace
Your experience and skills include:
• Minimum 2 years hospitality experience
• Minimum 1 year leadership experience in hospitality
• Experience in a luxury setting is considered an asset
• Strong command of the English language, written and verbal
• Ability to consistently stand and walk throughout shift
• Must be legally permitted to work in Canada
• Has the ability to be bonded/ have a criminal background check
• Has a driver’s licence valid for Nova Scotia and Canada
Your Team and working environment:
• Fast-paced new build luxury hotel
• Located in the heart of the vibrant Halifax waterfront, minutes away from the Dartmouth ferry
• A team of like-minded hospitality professionals that share a passion for service
• Back of house experience that puts employees first
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract,
recruit, and promote diverse talent.
APPLY TODAY: For more information on the opportunities at the Muir Hotel, please visit
www.muirhotel.com or send your resume to HR@MuirHotel.com