Who We Are
The Beaton Institute is the official repository for historically significant records of Cape Breton University. Additionally, the Institute is a cultural heritage archive mandated to preserve the social, economic, political and cultural history of Cape Breton Island. It is a centre for local, regional, national and international research and strives to promote inquiry through innovative programming and outreach initiatives.
Hours and Location
- Monday: Closed to the public
- Tuesday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 am to 7:00 pm (evening hours resume September 23, 2015)
- Thursday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm (October 24 and November 28, 2015)
- The Archives are in Room CE-267 in the Student, Culture, and Heritage Centre, around the corner from the Cape Breton University Art Gallery.
- Our microfilm-scanner must be booked before use; two-hour time slots are available.
- Parking is available with a $1.00 per day charge.
- The Beaton Institute is wheelchair accessible.