The Beaton Institute is the official repository for historically significant records of Cape Breton University. Additionally, the Institute is a cultural heritage archive mandated to preserve the social, economic, political, and cultural history of Cape Breton Island. It is a centre for local, regional, national, and global research and strives to promote inquiry through innovative academic and public programming initiatives.
CBU Students and Faculty are encouraged to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make appointments at any time throughout the week during the academic terms.
Public Reference Desk hours:
- Monday: Closed to the public
- Tuesday: 1-4pm
- Wednesday: 1-4pm
- Thursday: 9am-12pm and 1-4pm (closed for lunch)
- Friday: 9am-12pm and 1-4pm (closed for lunch)
- We are located in CE-267 (Student, Culture, & Heritage Centre).
- The Beaton Institute is wheelchair accessible.
- Parking is available with a $1.00 per day charge.
- Our microfilm-scanner must be booked before use; two-hour time slots are available. Email Anne at email@example.com in advance of your visit for more information.