Outgoing Exchange Students
The Exchange Process
- You must have completed one year of full-time study at CBU and maintained a 70% average.
- Contact the International Student Exchange Coordinator at least six to twelve months before
you would like to go on an exchange.
- Choose the university you wish to attend and review English-language course offerings.
- Consult course offerings with your department Chair and get final approval from your Dean.
- Submit CBU’s Student Exchange Application.
- Contact your host university.
- Apply for any necessary immigration documents, such as visas or permits.
- Register for your courses at Cape Breton University.
- Pay your fees at CBU.
- Ensure you have adequate health insurance coverage.
How do I choose courses at my host university?
Students are expected to carry sufficient courses to maintain full-time status as defined by your host institution, and
must be approved by the Dean of your academic school at CBU.
*Please consult with your academic advisor to ensure courses you have chosen will meet your degree requirements at CBU.
Please submit completed application to the International Exchange Coordinator by the semester deadline.
Download the Application
© 2020 Cape Breton University