Summer 2021 Co-op: Sales & Marketing Assistant – La Quaintrelle Boutique
North Sydney, Nova Scotia
March 20, 2021 at 11:59 pm
The Sales and Marketing Assistant is responsible for devising and managing ways to market our products and prove their ability to drive more sales. The Assistant will manage branding efforts and create advertising campaigns for our brands and store.
Areas of Responsibility
The Assistant will be responsible in leading the development of integrated marketing communications plans and creative campaigns that help advance the brand and mission of La Quaintrelle. The Assistant has a deep passion for telling our business brand story in order to educate our audience across a breadth of media and content forms.
- Develop and execute compelling content that attracts customers to our website and social media channels.
- Plan, create, and execute a rich content/editorial calendar.
- Create content for and manage communication on various distribution channels, including social media, website, blog, video, and email.
- Conceive and implement online and in-store contests and promotions.
- Grow new leads by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content.
- Assist with product photography.
Interpret trends to make decisions on what inventory to purchase for La Quaintrelle. This role requires a keen understanding of fashion trends and the ability to use qualitative and qualitative research to predict customer demand.
- Liaise with vendor partners and brand representatives on behalf of La Quaintrelle.
- Oversee the ordering of new stock.
- Maintain store inventory and forecast customer demand.
- Assist with store planning and merchandising. Blend creativity with quantitative research to anticipate how customers will move throughout a retail space. Create eye-catching displays to generate sales.
The Assistant will be responsible for overseeing and managing our e-commerce with an established online presence. They will handle decision-making for the website, social media accounts, and online advertising. They will also be responsible for research and development of new online sales strategies.
- Verify, package, and ship online orders.
- Maintain communication with online customers and manage returns.
- Create accurate and persuasive web copy for products.
- Review sales data and stock levels.
- Determine the format and features of the website in order to maximize clarity and ease of navigation for customers. Develop and alter the website as needed.
- Post-secondary education in marketing, business, or related field.
- A passion for supporting small business, the local economy, and the craft of independent makers and producers.
- Flexible and creative self-starter who is able to work unsupervised within an entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent communicator with professional writing experience.
- Experience with mobile, online interactive and social media tools, techniques and best practices including social media advertising, SEO, user analytics, blogs and email campaigns.
- Proficiency in marketing automation in order to generate traffic, convert visitors into leads, and then nurture them into converted customers.
- Exceptional attention to detail and presentation.
- Strong customer service-orientation, interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Retail and/or e-commerce experience preferred. Graphic design, photography, or videography skills considered an asset.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org