Summer 2021 Co-op – Sales & Marketing Assistant – Escape Outdoors- North Sydney, NS
North Sydney, Nova Scotia
March 28, 2021
Sales and Marketing Assistant
Escape outdoors is THE ISLAND’S OUTDOOR STORE, HELPING YOU GET INTO THE WILD AND BEAUTIFUL WONDER THAT IS CAPE BRETON
Escape Outdoors is seeking an ambitious and skilled Sales & Marketing Assistant for summer 2021. In this role, you will have tremendous opportunities to develop new initiatives and campaigns that shape the future of our business. Candidates for this role will be creative, charismatic, knowledgeable, responsible, and dedicated. A personable and professional demeanor is essential, as is a passion for the outdoors and adventure!
The Sales & Marketing Assistant will participate in the sales and marketing role in two manners: engage in in-store retail sales and marketing planning initiatives. The retail sales aspect will have the student directly involved in-store in personal selling with Escape Outdoors’ customer base, providing exceptional and informed customer service, maintaining store displays, monitoring inventory, placing orders, and accepting and completing warranty and returns. The marketing role will see the student participate in the business’s marketing and sales initiatives by creating and implementing promotions and marketing campaigns.
Hours are generally 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. five days per week (including two Saturdays per month), but occasionally, there may be requirement to work some weekends and evenings for event attendance and sales meetings.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Managers in planning and supervising marketing operations to achieve revenue target.
- Conduct marketing campaigns and attend events to promote brand awareness among consumers (Fiddler’s Run Expo, Cabot Trail Relay, etc.)
- Update social media, create promotional email campaigns, coordinate exhibit and trade show appearances, and contact customers.
- Recommend creative and cost-effective promotional activities.
- Develop store displays and signage.
- Design and maintain web site presence; improve engagement; maximize conversion; manage online customer communications;
- Verify, package and ship online orders; track packages and returns.
- Assist in designing and developing marketing collaterals and promotional materials.
- Collaborate with Managers to initiate new consumer promotion campaigns.
- Generate sales and marketing reports when needed.
- Cooperate with the management in the development of marketing programs and criteria to achieve sales goals.
- Evaluate current marketing program and recommend improvements.
- Stay updated with latest marketing trends and competitor activities.
- Monitor inventory levels and recommend and place orders.
- Coordinate with Managers in developing marketing plan and budget.
- Process warranty returns.
- Periodically attend sales buying meetings and assist with orders for next season.
Position Requirements & Qualifications:
- Enrolment in a Bachelor’s degree in business, preferably with a major in marketing.
- Aware of the latest market trends and shifts in the outdoors industry, as well as projections for the future.
- Evidence of ability to innovate and implement change successfully
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Solid computer skills and awareness of web-based marketing and social media
- Driven and committed to success while maintaining integrity
- Impeccable attention to detail; writes succinctly and professionally
- Possess command of best practices and trends in social media marketing and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
This is a position for students registered in a Co-op program, if you are unsure if you are eligible please contact Megan Ringer – email@example.com or Peggy Gordon firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send one document that includes your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Ensure the subject line of your email and your cover letter mentions what role you are applying for.