To help stop the spread of COVID-19, CBU's September semester is completely online, and campus is closed to the general public. Learn more about CBU's response to COVID-19:
To minimize the spread of any respiratory virus (including things like the flu/influenza and COVID-19), the Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness recommends the following:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often. If soap and water are not readily available, you can use alcohol-based hand sanitizer, if hands are not visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Use a tissue when you cough or sneeze and throw it in a garbage bin lined with a plastic bag.
- If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve.
- Wash your hands immediately after coughing and/or sneezing.
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are shared and used often.
- Wear a non-medical mask when in public spaces
If you have flu-like symptoms, please contact 811. Prior to calling 811, please complete the self-assessment questionnaire here. If you answer Yes to any of the questions under Section A and Yes to Question B, please call 811 and you will be advised of next steps.
For more information about COVID-19, please consult the following websites:
© 2020 Cape Breton University