So, you’re ready to join the CBU family? This is where you take the first step toward creating an exciting future! Our online application form is just a few fields away. BEFORE YOU GO please take a few moments to review the important information on this page.
- Our online application is currently only available to new students and students may apply on-line only once. If you wish to make any changes to your application, including changing your program, please email email@example.com.
- The time it takes to complete the application form varies by user but 20 minutes is probably typical. It’s not currently possible to pause your application and come back later, so please be sure you have some uninterrupted time to to dedicate (and a maybe a cup of java) before you jump in!
- If you would like to save a copy of the application, you can find a copy of this application for download available here.
- All supporting documentation must be official and can be mailed to:
Cape Breton University
PO Box 5300, 1250 Grand Lake Road
Sydney, NS B1P 6L2
Or faxed to the attention of Amanda Windsor at 902-563-1371.
**Official supporting documents include transcripts, credentials and proof of English Language Proficiency. To be considered official, documents must come directly from the issuing institution or be a notarized copy of the original.
- The deadline for receipt of applications to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) program is February 28th
- The deadline for applications for all other fall semester programs is September 1st
- To make any changes to your application, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Processes for Certain Programs
At CBU, we’re always happy to welcome our returning students back to the CBU family. If you’ve been away for more than one academic year, you’ll need to download and complete the admission application. You won’t need to pay an application fee again, just remember to place your student ID on the top of the first page. Once you’ve completed the application, fax or email a copy to the address/number indicated.
Master of Business Administration (Community Economic Development) Students
Please visit the Shannon School of Business for information on the application process.
Applications for the MBA in CED program are available here.
Bachelor of Education Students
Master of Education in Sustainability, Creativity and Innovation Students
For admission into this program, you must complete a statement of intent, as well as references. For the full breakdown of the application process, please review here.
Education Diplomas and Certificates
Please contact the Manager of Teacher Education at 902-563-1647 or email TeacherEd@cbu.ca for more information on the programs or the application process.