So, you’re ready to join the CBU family? This is where you take the first step toward creating an exciting future! Our online application form is just a few fields away. BEFORE YOU GO please take a few moments to review the important information on this page.
- Our online application is currently only available to new students and students may apply on-line only once. Please see the instructions below if you are a returning student or if you have applied to CBU in the past. If you recently submitted an online application, but wish to make changes to your application, including changing your program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that CBU only accepts online applications, PDF or paper applications will not be reviewed.
- The time it takes to complete the application form varies by user but 20 minutes is probably typical.
All supporting documentation must be official and can be mailed to:
Cape Breton University
PO Box 5300, 1250 Grand Lake Road
Sydney, NS B1P 6L2
Or faxed to the admissions department to 902-563-1371.
**Official supporting documents include transcripts, credentials and proof of English Language Proficiency. To be considered official, documents must come directly from the issuing institution or be a notarized copy of the original.
- The deadline for receipt of applications to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) program is February 28th (closed for 2018/2019 academic year)
- The deadline for applications for all other fall semester programs is September 1st
- To make any changes to your application, you must email email@example.com
At CBU, we’re always happy to welcome our returning students back to the CBU family. If you’ve been away for more than one academic year, you’ll need to complete a reactivation form. Once completed, you can submit it to the Enrolment Services office in person, fax it to 902-563-1371, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are happy to welcome visiting students to Cape Breton University! Please fill out the regular online application. Your Program Applied For will be Visiting Student, and your Student Status will be Visiting/Letter of Permission Student. You can view our courses offered at: https://sis.cbu.ca/students/acadschedulesel.asp. Visiting students do not need to submit transcripts, however a Letter of Permission from your home institution is required before you can register for courses.
Your letter of permission can be sent to email@example.com, faxed to (902) 563-1371, or mailed to:
Cape Breton University
PO Box 5300
1250 Grand Lake Road
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada B1P 6L2
Special Processes for Certain Programs
Master of Business Administration (Community Economic Development) Students
Please visit the Shannon School of Business for information on the application process.
Applications for the MBA in CED program are available here.
Bachelor of Education Students
Master of Education in Sustainability, Creativity and Innovation Students
For admission into this program, you must complete a statement of intent, as well as references. For the full breakdown of the application process, please review here.