What do I need to do?

If you’re a student with a disability, there are a few things you’ll need to do to access accommodations and assistance at the Jennifer Keeping Centre. These responsibilities include:

  • informing the university of any disability before or during enrollment, so that we can determine the services you’ll need for the following year
  • providing documentation of your disability from an appropriate source (psychologist, ophthalmologist, audiologist or any other professional who is familiar with your disability)
  • making an appointment with your disability resource facilitator
  • telling your instructors and professors about your disability is up to you. You may want to consider doing so if you feel it will help in your learning process or help meet your needs in class
  • meeting admission and academic requirements
  • keeping the centre informed of any changes to your disability status throughout your time at CBU is important so we can appropriately meet your accommodation needs
Edwenna Campbell
Assistant, Jennifer Keeping Centre

Office: B101

Phone: 902.563.1208

Jacqueline Côté
Student Development Officer – Disability Support

Office: B104

Phone: 902.563.1121

Natalie Bianco
Program Coordinator - CBU Inclusive

Office: B-101

Phone: 902.567.3699

Cyril MacDonald
Employment Specialist for Students with Disabilities

Office: B-104

Eleanor Muggah
Assistant, Jennifer Keeping Centre

Office: B101

Phone: 902.563.1208