What do I need to do?
If you’re a student with a disability, there are a few things you’ll need to do to access accommodations and assistance at the Jennifer Keeping Centre. These responsibilities include:
- informing the university of any disability before or during enrollment, so that we can determine the services you’ll need for the following year
- providing documentation of your disability from an appropriate source (psychologist, ophthalmologist, audiologist or any other professional who is familiar with your disability)
- making an appointment with your disability resource facilitator
- telling your instructors and professors about your disability is up to you. You may want to consider doing so if you feel it will help in your learning process or help meet your needs in class
- meeting admission and academic requirements
- keeping the centre informed of any changes to your disability status throughout your time at CBU is important so we can appropriately meet your accommodation needs