Our emergency preparedness measures shall ensure a timely and appropriate response to emergencies to protect the safety of our students, faculty and staff as well as property and the environment, from any harm that may occur.
Cape Breton University is committed to having the structures, plans, and resources in place for effective emergency response management by means of optimal co-operation with service providers, emergency responders and other key stakeholders.
Our emergency response priorities are:
- Prepare students, faculty, and staff for potential threats on campus via education and training.
- Protect the lives of students, staff and faculty.
- Communicate with students, faculty and staff before, during and after an emergency.
- Co-ordinate the provision of emergency assistance to any victims.
- Provide for continuity of academic teaching, research and university administration.
- Protect its property, infrastructure and reputation.
- Expedite recovery and resumption of normal day to day activities at the university.
CBU Alert is CBU’s emergency mass notification system. This important feature is available to members of the CBU community by invitation only. All staff, faculty and students will be invited to create an account within the system via their cbu email address.