CBU Email Accounts
CBU now uses students’ CBU e-mail accounts to communicate with them. It will be important for students to activate their CBU accounts and then to check them regularly for messages from CBU.
- When your CBU WebMail account has been created, you will be notified by e-mail. All future communication from CBU will be sent to your CBU e-mail address.
- It is the responsibility of each student to activate and monitor his/her CBU e-mail account. Failure to monitor the account or allowing the account to lapse does not relieve the student of responsibility to meet his/her obligations as they are communicated by CBU through the CBU e-mail account.
- CBU will consider official all communication received from students via the CBU e-mail account, for example, students could send changes of address, programme change requests, or order transcripts through their CBU addresses.
- If communication is received from the student through another provider, the message will be returned with a request that it be sent via the student’s CBU account.
New Course Codes
All CBU course codes have been changed from three digits to four digits, for example, BIOL101 has become BIOL1101.
- Numbers ending in 0 or 2 will be used for six-credit courses and other numbers for three-credit courses.
- The first digit will indicate the year (first, second, third, fourth) of the course.
- The new numbers will be used in the timetable for 2011-12 Fall/Winter.
- The 2011-12 CBU Academic Calendar, available on the CBU website at www.cbu.ca/academic-calendar includes the new course codes in the course description section as well as throughout the Calendar.
- Almost all of the course descriptions include an exclusion statement that indicates the course may not be taken for credit by students who took the course with its old code. For example, the exclusion statement for BIOL1101 is, “Exclusions: Unavailable to students with credit for BIOL101”. It is important for students to check the course descriptions in the Calendar and to avoid repeating courses already successfully completed.
- Courses completed before 2011-12 Fall/Winter will be listed on students’ transcripts and in their CBU student files with the old course codes. Courses completed beginning in 2011-12 Fall/Winter will be listed with the new, four digit codes.