Job Posting: CBU Road Squad (Summer Promo Squad) – Cape Breton University (x4)
Can you selfie, snap, tweet, update your status, check-in and share your Insta story practically in your sleep? Is your phone always blowing up with likes, shares, retweets, comments and views? Are you the social media guru of your group? If the answer is yes, then read on because we have the perfect summer job for you!
We’re looking to hire four socially savvy and sophisticated CBU students to be the 2019 CBU Road Squad!
You’ll get to cruise Cape Breton and hit up all the hot and happening summer spots and events, meet amazing community members and form lasting partnerships, all while reppin’ CBU and having the Best. Summer. Ever.
You’ll essentially be CBU’s Marketing and Communications street team, so we’re looking for someone uber professional with a positive attitude. And every adventure needs GoPro footage, right? So it’s an asset if you’re as comfortable behind a camera, as you are in front of it. Telling the CBU story is key, so don’t forget about blogging! Creativity and written grammar skills should absolutely be on point.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to bring the CBU story to life across Cape Breton Island, we want to hear from you. Curious? Excited? Take a closer peek into the job:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote CBU and all it has to offer in a positive and respectful manner
- Document your adventures via social media (and other channels) and maintain a weekly summer blog/vlog with original content
- Assist CBU Marketing and Communications Team as needed
- Represent CBU and/or provide support at special events
- Plan and coordinate weekly schedules
- Attend Cape Breton Island events as scheduled
- Distribute CBU swag, facilitate contests and giveaways
- Educate the community about the opportunities at CBU
- Create and maintain positive relationships with community members
- Drive and maintain CBU cruiser vehicle in safe and responsible manner, abiding by all provincial driving laws and accepting responsibility for vehicle
- Complete weekly reports to an assigned supervisor
- Must be a current CBU student, upper-year preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, friendly and approachable demeanor
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Experience in customer service, social media, community promotions and blogging are considered an asset
- Must be willing to occasionally work long days compensated by time in lieu
- Compensation is based on 35 hours per week at a rate of $12.00 per hour on a salary basis (bi-weekly).
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
Still think you’re the right person for our Road Squad? Awesome!
Apply via email with a video resume (bonus points for creativity) to Lenore Parsley, Manager of Communications by Monday, May 13, at 12:00 (noon).