At Cape Breton University, we know that going to university far from home can be overwhelming. That’s why we do everything we can to make you feel at home.
When you attend CBU, you will be in a safe, supportive environment, with easy access to the help you need to succeed in Canada.
What we do
Our International Student Advisors can help you:
- transition to life in Canada and Cape Breton
- apply for immigration documents like study permits, work permits and visas
- navigate the Canadian healthcare system and obtain health insurance
- complete the paperwork needed to work in Canada
- with general orientation, including banking, transportation, and campus information
- cope with challenges like cultural differences, homesickness, and differences in learning and teaching styles
- become a part of the campus and local communities
- build a support network of support made up of new friends and personal, academic and social supports
Get to know us
As an international student, you’ll benefit from the services of our International Student Advisors at the International Student and Study Abroad Centre. With a certified immigration consultant and an internationally experienced ESL instructor on our team of International Student Advisors, you’re in expert hands.
The International Student and Study Abroad Centre is conveniently located close to the Learning Commons, which gives you easy access to other services. We share an office with the Liaison Officer to the Saudi Arabian Cultural Bureau and the Multicultural and Diversity Officer.