Immigration Support Services

Helping you with your visas and permits

There’s a lot of paperwork to think about when you’re an international student, but we’re here to help. You can contact us before you leave home if you have questions about filling out your study permit or visa applications.

Once you arrive on campus, we can help you:

  • with study permit renewals, visa renewals, new co-op work permits, post-graduate work permits and Social Insurance Number (SIN) applications
  • by contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada on your behalf
  • by explaining various processes
  • support visa applications for family members coming for convocation by writing invitation letters

Find out more about how we can help you with immigration documents.

Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

Our International Student Advisor, Donalda Johnston-Roper, is a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant and has been helping CBU students for more than 20 years—which means she’s highly experienced helping international students like you.

What you’ll need to attend CBU

To attend CBU as an international student, you’ll need to make sure you have all of the necessary permits and visas. Start by following the instructions on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website.

To apply for your visa, choose of the following methods (we recommend applying online or in-person at a Visa Application Centre):

International Student Advisors

Donalda Johnston-Roper

International Student Advisor/Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
Marvin Harvey Building, Office B117-4

Donalda Johnston-Roper
International Student Advisor

Office: B 117-4

Phone: 902.563.1278