Entrance Scholarships are closed for 2017
Cape Breton University has an entrance scholarship program for students entering directly from high school or directly from articulation agreement partners. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that their most recent transcript is forwarded from his/her school to Cape Breton University no later than March 3, 2017 along with completing the Scholarship application, a resume with one academic and one personal reference and their contact information.
To be considered, students must be entering directly from:
- high school – have achieved a minimum 85% or greater average as calculated by CBU, have no failures, and enroll in a full-course load (24 credit minimum) at CBU the following September.
- articulation agreement partner – have achieved a minimum 80% or greater average as calculated by CBU, have no failures, and enroll in a full-course load (24 credit minimum) at CBU the following September.
All applicants must submit the appropriate forms:
- high school – must submit the most recent first semester Grade 12 marks
- articulation agreement partner – must submit the most recent transcripts
- Official transcript submitted to CBU Admissions. Only one transcript including first semester Grade 12 marks is required*
- Resume outlining achievements/employment/extra-curricular involvement. Please include 2 references with contact information.
*Students need only submit their official school transcript once to CBU Admissions for scholarship consideration
If you have any additional information relevant to receiving a bursary, please submit a letter of explanation by email, mail, or fax to:
Student Financial Services
Cape Breton University
P.O. Box 5300, 1250 Grand Lake Road, Sydney, NS
*Please note: incomplete applications will not be considered.