Brief Job Description:
The CBU Children’s University summer camp program runs throughout July. During this time, assistants will run summer camp programming under the supervision of the Camp Coordinator and Student Life and Community Engagement Coordinator. Specific duties are outlined below.
In August, the focus will turn to other community- and student-based initiatives on campus. The focus will be on assisting with preparations for September Week of Welcome activities. Assistants will work closely with the Orientation Coordinator and Student Life and Community Engagement Coordinator to build a team that will assist with leading activities for WOW.
There is potential for Student Life Assistants to work as WOW Leaders during WOW from August 26-September 8.
- Have experience working with children in a camp setting or similar
- Have experience in event planning and promotion (CBU events – preferred)
- Excellent leadership and communications skills
- Works well in a group to reach a common goal (safe and happy campers; appropriate execution of events for WOW)
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for CBU activities and events
- Are dependable and responsible
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
- Be knowledgeable of all policies and rules of the CBU Children’s University Summer Camps and enforce them at all times.
- Provide a safe and fun environment for campers
- Develop activities and programming for campers
- Actively participate in all camp activities
Week of Welcome
- Assist with policy development with various committees
- Event management and promotion
- Manage equipment and supplies
- Record keeping and data management
- Other duties as assigned
30 hours per week for 8 weeks
- Development of leadership and communications skills
- Experience working with children
- Teamwork skills
- Critical thinking skills development
- Event management
- Marketing and communications skill development (social media and other)
- Policy development
- Program development
- Interpersonal skills related to the position
Current Cape Breton University Students who will be returning to studies September 2019 are eligible to apply for the Work Study program.
To apply for this position, please forward cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
In order to be considered, applications must be submitted separately for each posting and emails must include name of position.