Brief Job Description:
The successful candidate will represent the Library at campus wide events. The Student Library Ambassador will provide support and information to students at campus fairs, library events and other library outreach initiatives. This position will provide students with leadership skills, professional connections and the opportunity to make a positive impact on Cape Breton University. The candidate will advocate for the perspectives of the student library user and engage students, parents, faculty and staff at campus and Library events.
- Third- or Fourth-Year student with knowledge of Cape Breton University, Cape Breton University Library and its services.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and be able to work independently or with a team.
- The ability to connect with students and staff across campus to engage and promote the island.
- Familiar with all aspects of social media (Twitter/Facebook/Instagram).
Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Represent the Library at campus wide events, Student Orientations and facilitate library activities providing feedback on Library services and suggestions for improvements.
- Act as a liaison between students and Library staff.
- Promote library resources, services, workshops and events on campus.
- Assist in the planning, publicizing and implementation of Library and campus events
- Create promotional material and collate survey results and prepare report
This position will provide students with leadership skills, professional connections, and the opportunity to make a positive impact at Cape Breton University. This position will also allow Cape Breton University Library to obtain feedback from students, faculty, staff, parents and event goers and use this information to better promote and facilitate planning for future events.
Current Cape Breton University Students who will be returning to studies September 2019 are eligible to apply for the Work Study program.
To apply for this position, please forward cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to be considered, applications must be submitted separately for each posting and emails must include name of position.