Brief Job Description:
The CBU Boardmore Playhouse is seeking self- motivated, energetic individual to provide assistance to the playhouse manager. The Stage Manager will be involved in a few different aspects of theatre business. Soliciting advertising and sponsorship for the 2019/20 Season of Plays, Social Media and Technical Inventory assistance.
The candidates should be post-secondary students at the undergraduate level. Experience in theatre is not necessary but is considered an asset.
The candidates should be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access) and internet and social media applications. The candidate should have exceptional oral and written English language skills, have demonstrated research experience, and be highly organized. It is important that the candidates have good time management skills and be able to stay on task with minimal supervision. The candidates should be outgoing and friendly, and be comfortable working with the public.
- setting lighting levels for various events and assist in audio recordings and playback.
- equipment inventory
- organize and maintain advertising and sponsorship files
- assist in the management of the theatre technical inventory
- assist with set up and tear down of playhouse events.
- develop content for social media platforms
- knowledge and experience with technical theatre
- improved interpersonal skills
- knowledge and experience with theatre management
- knowledge and experience with Social Media
- human resource management skills
- time management skills
- knowledge of theatre history
- knowledge and experience in community theatre
30 hours per week for 8 weeks
Current Cape Breton University Students who will be returning to studies September 2019 are eligible to apply for the Work Study program.
To apply for this position, please forward cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to be considered, applications must be submitted separately for each posting and emails must include name of position.