Brief Job Description:
The primary purpose of this position is to support ongoing academic program development projects and quality assurance reviews through information collection, synthesis, and short report writing.
- Strong attention to detail
- Good writing skills
- Strong communication skills, including in-person, through email, and on the telephone
- Organized and efficient worker; able to keep track of multiple projects and tasks
- Experience with basic office software, including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate they have had experience in topical research and synthesis to support decision making
Office of the Vice-President Academic (Provost)
The duties of this position include:
- Research existing program offerings in identified disciplines both nationally and internationally
- Using websites, academic calendars, and direct contacts (if necessary), benchmark academic program/departmental characteristics with those of similar programs/units at other educational institutions
- Write short reports on findings to be shared with committee and/or the university’s academic leadership
- Attend meetings with program development and quality assurance review teams
- Additional information gathering and office support, as needed
The following learning outcomes will be promoted in this position:
- ability to work with others in a professional manner (teamwork and collaboration skills)
- idea generation through creative and critical thinking skills
- ability to critically evaluate quality based on benchmarking and other quantitative and qualitative evidence
- time management and organizational skills
- a broad university perspective (working with deans, faculty and staff in different schools/departments)
Current Cape Breton University Students who will be returning to studies September 2019 are eligible to apply for the Work Study program.
To apply for this position, please forward cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to be considered, applications must be submitted separately for each posting and emails must include name of position.