The Physical Activity Research and Program Assistant will be responsible to support three physical activity projects and the research developed from these projects. The first of three projects will be development and planning of a school track and field relay to be held in the fall. The second project will be focused on development and planning for a bike share program to be piloted in August and released in full in September. The third project will be a Nordic walking a exercise program developed for older adults with mobility issues. This program will be planned and piloted during the summer for September release. The projects will include leadership, administrative and research responsibilities and will be a great learning experience for the student interested in sport, physical activity health and recreation.
- CBU student with experience in sport, physical activity and recreation in a variety of settings including the outdoors in both summer and winter environments. (Experience cycling and with bike repair would be an asset)
- Marketing and promotion experience.
- Experience with social media.
- Experience with written and spoken communications.
- Experience with computer programs including Excel. SPSS or Minitab
- Program development
- Sport and physical activity leadership
- Administrative duties
- Data entry, analysis and evaluation
- Equipment set up and repair
- Writing and document preparation
- Program development and supervision experience.
- Further development of marketing and promotional abilities using social media and more traditional methods.
- Development of sport leadership abilities and bike repair certification
- Development of both program evaluation and research skills.
- Experiential learning in the fields of sport, physical activity and recreation
- Development of time management and administrative skills.
- Experience in a post secondary work environment.
30 hours per week for 8 weeks
Current Cape Breton University Students who will be returning to studies September 2019 are eligible to apply for the Work Study program.
To apply for this position, please forward cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to be considered, applications must be submitted separately for each posting and emails must include name of position.