Brief Job Description:
- The Innovation Intern will help develop student programming using Design Thinking methods focused around student engagement, as well as, case materials for use in classroom delivery.
- Training in Design Thinking (ideally the Sandbox Discover program or Creativity & Innovation Bootcamp)
- Enrolled in study at Cape Breton University
- Develop & deploy recruitment strategies for the Centre, conduct literature reviews for best practice, presentation of findings to Centre staff, prepare case problems for exploration in the classroom and serve as a peer mentor for students working out of the space.
- have an awareness of how design thinking can be applied in a wide range of contexts, from the personal to the global
- investigate and think creatively about design problems and opportunities
- initiate an attitude of playfulness to aid design thinking
- develop visual literacy and articulacy to explain design decisions
30 hours per week for 8 weeks
Current Cape Breton University Students who will be returning to studies September 2019 are eligible to apply for the Work Study program.
To apply for this position, please forward cover letter and resume to: Darren_MacDonald@cbu.ca
In order to be considered, applications must be submitted separately for each posting and emails must include name of position.