Brief Job Description:
Assist two Production Teams, within SSOB, for upcoming conferences. The first, Community Innovation and Social Enterprise 2019 is scheduled for July 2019. The second conference, Atlantic Schools of Business Conference 2019, scheduled for September 2019.
- Studies include marketing, and hospitality and tourism.
- French is an asset
- Computer usage (Microsoft Word, Adobe, Social Media)
- Experience in report writing
Administrative tasks related to the conference: maintaining database of attendees, organizing email invitation campaigns, completing status reports, preparing name tags, preparing door tags, completing paperwork, making copies, writing information reports, distributing pertinent information to guests, take notes during weekly production team meeting
Marketing – Assist in creation of marketing material (brochures), distribution of material and social media promotion, preparing destination guides.
- Will learn how conference tasks are outlined and prioritized while working with a production team.
- Enhance customer services by answering inquiries from participants and troubleshooting any issues that occur.
- Will learn how to produce marketing brochures and conference programs.
- Learn how to use Eventbrite to organize registration for the conference.
The experience will provide the student with skills on goal setting, how to market a conference, and how to organize an event from picking the date, selecting venues, speaker requirements and wrap-up reports. The student will gain hands on experience with event planning.
30 hours per week for 8 weeks
Current Cape Breton University Students who will be returning to full time studies September 2019 are eligible to apply for the Work Study program.
To apply for this position, please forward cover letter and resume to: Ida_Steeves@cbu.ca
In order to be considered, applications must be submitted separately for each posting and emails must include name of position.