We are seeking Research or Analysis Co-op students to support our pharmaceutical research, analysis and/or value communication activities for a 4, 8 or 12 month term, starting January 2019, in our office in Sydney, NS.
We are seeking support for our health economic, value communication and evidence synthesis activities.
Cornerstone Research Group (www.cornerstone-research.com) is a fast-growing, internationally recognized consulting company located in Burlington, Ontario. Our focus is on identifying, demonstrating, and communicating the value of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device products for companies in Canada, the US, and Europe. We offer innovative health economic, outcomes, and comparative-effectiveness services along with multimedia communication platforms. We pride ourselves on providing high-quality work that has been published in a wide range of peer-reviewed journals. We have a reputation for strategic thinking that supports the development of tools that meet the needs of both our clients and health technology assessment agencies.
- The qualified candidate will have a BSc or comparable college degree in a medically-related field such as biology and pharmacology, biochemistry, biology or epidemiology.
- Experience in conducting systematic literature reviews is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, with an emphasis on being able to synthesize information from a body of literature.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and multitasking capabilities.
- Able to adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with a variety of systematic literature reviews
- Prepare research protocols, define and refine research questions as they pertain to literature review objectives
- Develop inclusion/exclusion criteria within the PICOS framework to be implemented during screening process
- Conduct the screening of abstracts and full-text articles against defined inclusion/exclusion criteria to assess their suitability for inclusion in the review
- Review the PRISMA diagram depicting the study attrition
- Perform article abstraction, validate data abstraction
- Development of concise written summaries.
- Participation in client meetings (attend teleconferences, record minutes, etc.)
- Write technical reports, summaries, slide decks, and manuscripts for publication.