- 2nd, 3rd or 4th year university business students, a concentration in accounting is preferred
- Strong desire to obtain a professional accounting designation
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn, attention to detail and demonstrated leadership
- Geographic mobility
Imperial is looking for ambitious and highly motivated business students to join our finance and accounting organization. You will be working in a fast-paced team environment and expected to prepare, analyze, interpret and communication financial results while maintaining effective business controls.
These are some examples of work-terms:
- Operations Accountant – financial reporting and stewardship of Operations activity, analyzing financial information for presentation to management in respect of Hibernia, HSE and Hebron business lines
- Joint Interest Accountant – financial reporting and stewardship of joint interest accounts for the various Eastern Canada assets, ensuring regulatory compliance with agreements
- Projects Accountant – financial reporting and stewardship of major project expenditures, project milestones and contract attests for various subsea projects and drilling activities
Student work term positions include a variety of accounting and financial reporting tasks as well as short-term projects designed to provide challenging practical work experiences in the six CPA technical competency areas including financial reporting, management accounting & analysis, audit and assurance, strategy & governance, finance and tax.
To apply please use the following link.
Start date: January 6, 2020
Location: St. John’s, NL
Work term: 4 months
- Imperial is a CPA pre-approved program provider in Alberta and Newfoundland and Labrador. The accounting roles have been assessed by the CPA organization to meet the specific technical competencies required to successfully obtain a CPA designation. Benefits of working with Imperial include – financial support for CPA costs (including the CFE exam preparation courses and annual professional dues), paid days off for examinations, above average CFE success rate, CPA mentorship program, and an early professional development program (minimum of two job rotations to broaden work experience and knowledge). Advantages to obtaining a CPA with Imperial – path to obtain designation similar to CPA firms, direct entry into industry, and competitive package.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs enable you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Continuous learning environment encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities – i.e. improve your knowledge of SAP and Excel functionality, increase your understanding of the Oil & Gas industry, and sharpen analytical and time management skills.
- One scheduled Friday off per month.
- Term relocation assistance is available for those who qualify
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner.
- In accordance with the Canada-Newfoundland Atlantic Accord Implementation Act, first consideration for employment will be given to qualified persons who meet the residency requirements of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador set out in the Elections Act, 1991, S.N.L. 1992 c. E-3.1.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: September 29, 2019
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.