· Must be able to lift 30lbs.
· Basic computer skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong time management and organizational skills.
· Able to work independently.
· Exceptional people skills.
· Ability to think outside of the box and find creative solutions.
Job Description: The Volunteer and Training Coordinator will be responsible for scheduling, recruiting and training volunteers and will also assist in training of new producer members. Training will be provided.
· Position will require travel within Cape Breton.
· Evaluation and revision of recruiting and training documents for volunteers.
· Create and maintain monthly volunteer schedules using database software.
· Engage in volunteer recruitment through various platforms including social media, newsletters, events, etc.
· Administer group and individual training programs for volunteers.
· Oversee volunteer communications and concerns.
· Be available to assist with on-site distribution one day per week and oversee volunteers.
· Providing quality assurance monitoring of products and service at delivery locations.
· Submit quality assurance reports.
· Support producers with developing product quality and consistency.
· Train farmers in proper boxing and shipping procedures required by Food Hub.
· Provide technical support for producers using Food Hub software.
· Provide content for newsletters and social media posts.
· Other duties as required.
Apply to email@example.com or call 902-577-3260 with questions
· $11.55 per hour plus 4% vacation pay for 37.5 hours per week.
· Starting July 2nd – 8 weeks