· Computer skills and proficiency in social media platforms.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong time management and organizational skills.
· Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
· Able to work independently.
· Exceptional people skills.
· Ability to think outside of the box and find creative solutions.
· Experience and education in marketing or related field strongly preferred.
Job Description: The Marketing and Communication Coordinator will be responsible to generate increased awareness about the Food Hub through consumer relations, representing the Food Hub at community events and using social media and other technology-based platforms to promote the operation. Training will be provided.
· Work with management to create a marketing plan to increase Food Hub consumer members and engage existing members.
· Work with partners to create community celebrations to elevate the agriculture sector and the Food Hub’s public profile.
· Assist with organizing workshops as needed.
· Written communication for newsletters, etc.
· Populate social media platforms, including photo and video posts.
· Attend tradeshows, agricultural fairs and other events to promote the Food Hub.
· Work with management to evaluate and develop communication strategies, documents and other materials for both internal and external uses.
· Be available to assist with on-site distribution once per week and gather photographs and data to create marketing materials.
· Other duties as required.
· $11.55 per hour plus 4% vacation pay for 37.5 hours per week.
· Starting July 2nd – 8 weeks.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-577-3260 with questions.