Overview: The Pan Cape Breton Food Hub Co-op is an emerging non-profit organization that creates a linkage between food producers and consumers in Cape Breton by providing an on-line marketplace.
Our Vision: A healthy food economy that supports a growing diversity of producers and consumers on Cape Breton Island.
Our Mission: The Pan Cape Breton Food Hub Co-op Ltd. provides a distribution linkage between local food producers and consumers, creating a more sustainable food system by increasing the viability of local producers while improving access to high quality local food.
Job Description: The Assistant Manager will assist the Executive Director with planning and implementing the strategies and practices of the operation, and will be involved in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Food Hub. This person should be passionate about the local food system and working in the non-profit sector. This position is ideal for someone who wants to learn more about working in this area, and hopes to manage a non-profit in their future. Training will be provided.
Assistant Manager Job Duties:
· Assist with all day-to-day Food Hub operations.
· Assist with basic bookkeeping, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
· Manage basic payroll and payroll remittances.
· Helping to train volunteers and staff and coordinate volunteer schedules.
· Supervising staff and volunteers.
· Assisting with grant writing and fundraising, including events.
· Providing on-site support during distribution days.
· Working with quality assurance protocols and conducting documentation.
The ideal candidate will have:
· An education and/or background in business /management or a related field.
· Must demonstrate flexibility, and the ability to think outside of the box in a fast-paced environment.
· Must demonstrate a diverse range of skill sets.
· Exceptional people skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong time management and organizational skills.
· Able to work independently.
· Ability to think outside of the box and find creative solutions.
· Candidates should be Start eligible. Program details here.
· $18 per hour plus 4% vacation pay for 37.5 hours per week.
· Must be willing to work flexible hours.
· Must be able to travel within Cape Breton
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-577-3260 with questions.