All students applying for student positions at OPG must meet the below eligibility:
- Enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution.
- Have a minimum average of 70% cumulative GPA.
- Returning to full-time studies in the same program following the completion of the work term OR requiring the work term or co-op placement to graduate.
- Minimum completion of 2nd year at a University specializing in Business.
Preference may be given to the candidate who has the following skills and qualifications:
- General business skills with some training/experience in procurement
This job will provide you with the following professional development:
- Work in a progressive and fast paced professional office environment
- Work on a multi-disciplined team including Project Managers, Legal, and Engineering
- Learn about procuring services for engineering, procurement, and construction projects
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is excited to offer one (1) student opportunity in our Supply Chain Services Department in Bowmanville This is an eight (8) months student placement commencing in September, 2019.
- Prepare or review draft and final Request for Quotations, Proposals, Information (RFI, RFQ, RFP), contracts, and purchase order documents ensuring resolution of any areas of concern or ambiguity.
- Act as an information resource to users, requisitioners and suppliers on the Corporation’s procurement processes and commercial considerations. Respond to vendor inquiries regarding supplier qualification procedures, agreement processes, contract standards, quality assurance programs, etc.
- Participate at site (both generating and non generating OPG facilities) daily, weekly and monthly meetings to plan, coordinate, and status various items and services to support site operations.
- Perform administrative activities as required to ensure all files and maintenance of files are complete.
Our promise to you
- We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority.
- A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
- Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business.
- Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions, such as Launchpad or X-Lab.
- Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate.
- We support employment equity and diversity.
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.opg.com/ by 11:59 PM E.S.T., May 19, 2019. It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online and through their school’s own portal, if applicable. In addition, students must include a copy of their unofficial transcript and must be eligible to work in Canada. OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
OPG is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made. If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact AODA@opg.com.