At Irving Consumer Products, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America’s leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Consumer Products produces branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, as well as napkins.
Irving Consumer Products’ world-class supply chain distributes over 42 million cases of household tissue product annually to most of the major retailers across North America. Our growing North American network consists of 4 manufacturing sites, 7 distribution centers and moves more than 95,000 truckloads annually. This is supported by a team of professionals with the shared goal of making sure we have the right product in the right place at the right time to service our customers’ needs. And, of course, we want to do it all cost-effectively and efficiently. If you are a student seeking an exciting and challenging work term with a dynamic, growing organization, this opportunity may be for you!
You Can Expect:
- Integral roles on projects that really matter
- Real responsibility, from day one
- Opportunity to work in different aspects of the company
- Mentorship from industry-leading experts
- A chance to leave your mark on a growing company
- The ability to have your voice and ideas be heard
- Education Required: Enrolled in a program studying Supply Chain/Business/Operations Management/Engineering or another relevant field, available for a Fall 2019 co-op work term and in good academic standing
- Must have completed at least one co-op work term
- Inventory management knowledge an asset
- Process oriented with a passion for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated time management, problem solving, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, while delivering on-target results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, in particular MS Excel
- Work cross functionally within the Supply Chain team to map business processes and identify areas of opportunity
- Analyze inventory levels and management practices across the network
- Develop models to determine optimal safety stock levels in all warehouses
- Understand and communicate root cause
- Understand factors’ contributing to KPI’s and identify areas for improvement
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Apply online by May 27, 2019.
Please include a resume and a copy of your most recent transcript.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.