Becoming a nurse is more than just a career path for you. You treat people with respect, compassion and empathy. Your open nature makes people trust you and feel accepted. You enjoy working with youth and look forward to the idea of nursing in a non-clinical setting.
If this sounds like you, consider an opportunity as a Wellness Assistant with the Tim Horton Children’s Camp.
- pursuing post-secondary education in Nursing (BScN, RN or RPN)
- experienced at working with youth aged 12 – 16
- experienced at working in a healthcare setting, under the direction of a nurse (considered an asset)
- certified in Standard First Aid or Wilderness First Aid (WFA), or are willing to obtain
- French fluency is required and bilingual in English and French considered an asset
- able to provide an acceptable criminal background check
- able to join us between June 10, 2019 and August 30, 2019
Note: This opportunity is also available at our other camp locations. As part of your application for this posting, you have the opportunity to indicate your interest in other camp locations or positions.
The Tim Horton Camps…
- believe that thriving youth create stronger communities
- understand that youth from low-income homes face greater obstacles to reaching their potential
- foster strengths within youth, and empowers them to pursue a life without limits
- use the power of camp and community as a catalyst for change
- provide our team with many training, development and travel opportunities
- support the Wellness Coordinator (Camp Nurse) in health screening arriving and departing campers
- provide First Aid and assess campers and staff
- assist in administering routine medications based on THCF Wellness Standards
- securely maintain camper and staff health files
- establish relationships with youth that reflect respect, trust and empathy
- model healthy choices and emotional maturity
- be challenged physically and mentally as you live in an overnight camp setting for 10 day sessions, with 2 days of break in between
- have the opportunity to experience personal growth alongside the campers you are supporting