BC Capital Markets is a part of the Royal Bank of Canada, one of the largest providers of financial services in the world. RBC ranks among the top five banks in North America by market capitalization and has one of the highest credit ratings of any financial institution in the world.
Our Global Markets division provides industry leading sales, trading, structuring, research and advisory services across a number of different asset classes, to institutions, corporations, governments and high net worth clients around the world. We strive to add value for our clients by providing focused, in-depth expertise in a range of products, services, sectors and markets.
What is the opportunity?
Summer 2020 internship opportunities exist within RBC Capital Markets for energetic, bright and talented undergraduates and graduates. Students applying to the Global Markets Intern Program are interested in a full time opportunity post-graduation within the Global Markets Program.
Successful candidates will be placed in one of the businesses that participate as part of the full time Global Markets Program: Fixed Income, Currencies & Commodities; Global Equities; Global Research; and Debt Capital Markets.
Placements are available in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver offices. If you have a city of preference please indicate in your cover letter. The summer program extends for 16 weeks and provides interns the opportunity to gain in-depth, hands-on experience while working and learning alongside our experienced market professionals.
What do you need to succeed?
- Candidates must be graduating from their undergraduate programs in December 2020 or Spring 2021
- Desire to learn and an eagerness to make a meaningful contribution to the team environment at RBC Capital Markets
- Track record of outstanding academic achievement
- Proven technical and analytical skills
- Diversity of extracurricular activities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Initiative and the ability to play a key role as a team member in a fast-paced and challenging work environment
- Fluency in more than one language is an asset
What will you do?
Summer Analysts will be assigned various projects that may include:
- Key new business initiatives
- Market and/or credit analysis
- Marketing campaigns
- Client pitches and presentations
- Equity or debt sales and trading exposure
- Submit your cover letter, resume and academic transcripts (unofficial) in one PDF documentunder the resume section online at https://jobs.rbc.com by the application deadline September 22, 2019 11:59 (EST)
- To apply online, search for Position ID 192433 in Search by Keyword and apply to Global Investment Banking Summer Analyst 2020. Select your location preferences from: Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary and Montreal.
City: Multiple Locations
Address: Multiple Locations
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Trading Floor
Career Level: Student Job
Job Posting End Date: 09/22/2019
Req ID: 192433