Terms of Reference
Dates of employment: May 3, 2019 to August 24, 2019
Hours of employment: Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (8:00 am to 5:00 pm during day camps). Some evenings, weekends and statutory holidays mandatory. Approximately 35 – 45 hours/week
Rate of pay: $13.13/hour
Application deadline: April 9, 2018
• Must have attended a post-secondary institution (Community College/CEDEP/ Technical Institute or University) full time during the 2016-2017 school year and be attending school full time during the 2017-2018 school year.
• The Applicant must be available to work full time hours between May 1, 2017 and August 25, 2017
• Successful completion of Nova Scotia Child Abuse Registry Check
• Successful completion of Vulnerable Sector Check (conducted by local police force)
• Standard First Aid and CPR-C (or willing to take certification)
• Capable of supervising 2-4 summer recreation staff members
• The ability to work positively with the public.
• Good organizational, planning and communication skills.
• The ability to work on a team and be self-motivated.
• Training and experience with word-processing, desktop publishing, and spreadsheets.
• Previous work experience with children, youth and adults in a recreational setting
• Previous education, work or volunteer experience in program leadership and event management
• Training and experience with computers and Microsoft Office
• Plan and lead the Village of Bible Hill day camp programs.
• Supervise recreation staff on a day to day basis.
• Ensure proper procedures are carried out for Village of Bible Hill program and policies
• Assist with preparation for and facilitation of both Local and Fundy Senior Games
• Act as a positive role model while supervising and implementing activities with children and adults in the recreation program
• Assist in the planning and implementation of the special events, family and children’s programs
• Prepare information packages and reports as assigned
• Assist the Parks & Recreation Director in day-to-day duties as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned
Please send resume by mail or e-mail:
Name: Cody Brown
Parks and Recreation Director
Address: The Village of Bible Hill
67 Pictou Rd.
Bible Hill, Nova Scotia