Terms of Reference
Dates of employment: June 24, 2019 to August 23, 2019
Hours of employment: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. Some evenings, weekends and statutory holidays mandatory. Approximately 35 – 45 hours/week
Rate of pay: $12.03/hour
Application deadline: April 30, 2019
• Must have attended Secondary (High School) or post-secondary education (Community College/CEGEP/Technical Institute or University) full time during the 2017-2018 school year and be attending school full time during the 2018-2019 school year.
• The applicant must be available to work full time hours from June 24, 2019 to August 23, 2019
• Successful completion of Nova Scotia Child Abuse Registry
• Successful completion of Vulnerable Sector Check (conducted by local police force)
• Standard First Aid and CPR-C (or willing to take certification)
• The ability to work positively with the public and children.
• The ability to supervise children in a group setting.
• Good organizational, planning and communication skills.
• The ability to work on a team and be self-motivated.
• Assist the Summer Recreation Supervisor in the delivery and supervision of Bible Hill events and programs.
• Ensure proper procedures are carried out for Village of Bible Hill program & policies.
• Act as a positive role model while supervising and implementing activities with children & adults in the recreation program.
• Assist the Parks and Recreation Director in day-to-day duties as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned
Please send resume by mail or e-mail:
Name: Cody Brown
Parks and Recreation Director
Address: The Village of Bible Hill
67 Pictou Rd.
Bible Hill, Nova Scotia