About This Organization
The Good Health Festival Society is looking for Assistant Event Coordinators. We are a non-profit organization focused on promoting health and wellness retreats and specialized events within the community, including culinary feasts, community hikes and promoting music and local musicians in the area.
* Enrollment in first year of post-secondary education from a recognized education institution
* Must be a full time student in 2018 and 2019, including high school graduate to post secondary education
* Have or develop good verbal and written communication skills
* Administrative – help to manage incoming inquiries through telephone, website and partner sites
* Public relations – collaborating with event organizers to manage and execute events
* Act as Liaison – Interfaces with various groups and guests to meet all of their necessary needs
* Participate in a fun and dynamic team environment
* Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task, to prioritize tasks and to take initiative
* Pay attention to detail and fully complete tasks
* Be coach-able and willing to learn
* Have personal integrity
* Enjoy being in a rural area of Cape Breton
Knowledge (Either needs to know or be able to learn easily):
* Experience with computers and basic Microsoft software.
* Knowledge of social media and graphic design experience is helpful but not required
* Knowledge of local Cape Breton Island cultural events and outdoor activities
Description of Position:
- Oversee, develop and manage marketing campaigns to promote & deliver events including Music Festivals, Culinary Feasts, Educational Workshops, Wellness & Yoga Retreats, Group Hikes, Multi-Cultural experiences with mentors and participants across different cultures
- Conduct research and analyze data to identify and define audiences
- Develop and present ideas and strategies
- Implement and continue current promotional activities
- Compile and distribute financial and statistical information
- Writing and proofread creative copy
- Organize events
- Update databases and use a customer relationship management (CRM) system
- Monitor performance
- Access local media and partner organizations including; Destination Cape Breton, Cabot Shores Wilderness Resort, the local Mi’kmaq reserves, St. Ann’s Bay Development and Health Centre, Cape Breton University and other education institutions, Breast Cancer Action Nova Scotia, Cancer Centre of Sydney, Girl Guides, Physically Active Victoria County, Music Nova Scotia.. Essential Qualifications
Staff Rental Housing and access to kitchen are available onsite.
Compensation: $12/hourly for 40 hours per week
Work Term: 8 to 14 weeks, Summer 2019
To Apply: Submit your cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com by January 31st, 2019.