The Royal Canadian Legion
Legion Nationals – Canadian Youth Track and Field Championships
● Strong organizational skills
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to follow direction
● Ability to work with deadlines and multi-task on several projects
● An interest in and understanding of both the marketing and communications functions
● Attention to detail
● Ability to work in a team environment and also independently
The annual National Youth Track and Field Championships (The Legion Games) for youth 17 and under is the only sporting event of its kind in the country. The games will take place August 6 to 12, 2019 at the Cape Breton University campus. The national championships give young Canadians a chance to compete at a high level, develop confidence and better understand the diversity of other athletes in their sport from across Canada.
Reporting to the Chair of the Local Advisory Committee (LAC) and the Chair’s of the Marketing and Communications committee, the successful candidate will work in a high energy, high paced environment to become a valued member of very diverse, dynamic team by participating and assisting in various projects and tasks ranging from communications and media planning to special event and social media support.
● Working with the Marketing & Communications team to write communications and media plans, news releases, print pieces, web-based communication
● Writing and creating social content, and student/track and field community profiles, following a content calendar
● Work on promotion and awareness campaigns to increase visibility and registration for the games
● Responsible for researching, data collecting, interviewing, editing, presentation support, preparing media kits and other projects
● Write and edit compelling marketing content such as site copy, blog posts, ad copy, radio copy, emails etc.
● Assist the LAC and other committees as assigned/needed
Dates: July 8, 2019 – August 26, 2019
Salary: $12.50/hour (37.5 hours/week)
Please forward resume and cover letter to: