The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is committed to serving youth from low-income families living in Tim Hortons communities across Canada and the United States. Our programs builds skills and strengths that help youth thrive at school, succeed in their future workplaces and become positive, contributing members of their communities.
Tim Horton Children’s Camp (THCC) is located on 245 acres of oceanfront property on the Northumberland Strait. The quaint village of Tatamagouche is located 45 minutes north of Truro, and a scenic 1.5-hour drive from Halifax. The sandy beaches and warm waters of the strait are ideal for outdoor adventures. Program highlights at THCC include: overnight camping and backpacking, high and low ropes challenge courses, waterfront activities, kayaking and biking.
May 2019 – August 2019
Does this sound like you?
- An interest in pursuing a career in food service
- Experience in a food service or kitchen environment
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Your ServSafe certification – an asset
- Reliable transportation to and from camp – required
- A clear criminal background check and/or vulnerable sector search, as applicable
Join our team to…
- Be part of a passionate team committed to empowering youth to pursue a life without limits
- Work in a positive and friendly environment
- Receive comprehensive training
- Work in a picturesque location, ideal for outdoor adventures
- Enjoy meals while campers are in session
- Have access to various recreational activities
What would you be doing?
- Prepare, wash, peel, cut and cook food items, as assigned
- Clean/sanitize dining tables, dishes, glasses, silverware and other kitchenware
- Monitor food and supplies, and stock the kitchen as necessary
- Follow food safety and occupational health and safety standards
- Support the smooth operation of the kitchen
- Contribute to a supportive and positive work environment