Who we are
At ExxonMobil Business Support Centre Canada ULC (EMBSCC) we are an integral part of a worldwide network of business support centres that provide financial, technical, information service, transactional, and customer service support for ExxonMobil’s global operations.
ExxonMobil is recruiting students to assign to two positions located in the Upstream department and location in Calgary, Canada. You will be assigned to a specific position in the Upstream department based on your interests, skills, knowledge and experience as well as ExxonMobil’s business needs.
By applying to this job posting, you will be considered for all available student positions within the ExxonMobil IT (EMIT) organization. If you have a preference for a certain role, please indicate that in your cover letter.
• 3rd or 4th year Computer/Electrical/Software Engineering, Computer Science or Information
Systems students interested in a career in Information Technology returning to university and/or
• 3rd or 4th year Chemical/Petroleum/Mechanical Engineering degree students interested in a
career in Engineering and Information Technology returning to university
• Prior internship in oil industry is preferred, but not required
• To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted
with your application
• Knowledge of SharePoint web development is an asset
• Scripting and programming knowledge
• Strong interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment to accomplish organizational goals
• Demonstrate sound analytical and problem-solving skills
• Highly motivated individual able to work with minimum supervision
• Capability to rapidly learn and apply new IT technologies and then to teach and train others
• Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities and short deadlines
• Process/detailed oriented, strong ability to prioritize tasks and organize work
• Innovative, “outside the box” thinker
- Digital Technology Analyst – Student: The Upstream Digital Technology Analyst will work closely with the Upstream IT Digital Accelerator Team to work digital initiatives for the Upstream Customers across Canada. This role will allow you to develop your business knowledge of the oil and gas industry, experience working in a global IT organization and communication skills through extensive collaboration within Imperial Oil and ExxonMobil teams across Canada and around the world. In this role, you will learn and support the team SharePoint website to improve team collaboration, interface with other IT teams locally and globally to support the effective delivery of technical solutions, process improvements and support to resolve issues in a timely manner, coordinate other IT activities as needed to support a broad range of Upstream customers across Canada etc.
- Technical Computing (UTC) Engineering Intern: The UTC Engineering Intern will be given a project that relates to the effective use of Upstream Engineering technology and promotes effective and efficient workflows using the appropriate technology. The UTC Engineering Intern works closely with Upstream Engineers and other UTC Engineers as part of their project work, providing workflow and technical consulting on Engineering applications, Engineering data and Best Practices. Other job responsibilities includes reservoir and facilities model development and optimization, providing guidance on effective application of Engineering technologies often delivered through new software capabilities etc.
Start date: September 2019
Work term: 12 months preferred, 8 months considered
The ExxonMobil Business Support Centre Canada is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. In certain situations, ExxonMobil may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions within the Company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including Imperial Oil and affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Applications must be received through our on-line application system at careers.exxonmobil.com. Application submissions in any other format will not be considered.
Unofficial copy of transcript(s) must be submitted with application.