The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is committed to serving youth from low-income families living in Tim Hortons communities across Canada and the United States. Our programs builds skills and strengths that help youth thrive at school, succeed in their future workplaces and become positive, contributing members of their communities.
Tim Horton Children’s Camp (THCC) is located on 245 acres of oceanfront property on the Northumberland Strait. The quaint village of Tatamagouche is located 45 minutes north of Truro, and a scenic 1.5-hour drive from Halifax. The sandy beaches and warm waters of the strait are ideal for outdoor adventures. Program highlights at THCC include: overnight camping and backpacking, high and low ropes challenge courses, waterfront activities, kayaking and biking.
May 2019 – August 2019
Does this sound like you?
- At least one (1) year of experience in food services or kitchen assistance
- Interest in continuing to develop in the food services industry
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in cooking for large groups – an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to embrace a friendly, positive and helpful team oriented environment
- Reliable transportation to and from camp
- Clear criminal background check and/or vulnerable sector search, as applicable
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
Join our team to…
- Be part of a passionate team committed to empowering youth to pursue a life without limits
- Work in a positive and friendly environment
- Receive comprehensive training
- Work in a picturesque location, ideal for outdoor adventures
- Enjoy meals while campers are in session
- Have access to various recreational activities
What would you be doing?
- Enhance the experience of the Foundation’s campers and guests by providing high quality and nutritious meals
- Ensure food is prepared and served in line with the Foundation’s Food Service Standards, including strict adherence to special diets and food allergens
- Washing, peeling, and cutting vegetables and other food items as required
- Monitor food and supplies, and stock the kitchen as necessary
- Maintain records of items such as food temperatures and waste quantities
- Clean/sanitize dining tables, dishes, glasses, silverware and other kitchenware
- Follow food safety and occupational health and safety standards
- Contribute to a supportive and positive work environment
- Ensuring the kitchen and dining areas are kept clean and orderly, including dishwashing, mopping and vacuuming
- Acting as a team player within the kitchen and supporting the team as needed