Alumni & Development Assistant: Summer Employment
Cape Breton University, Alumni & Development Office
Start Date: immediately
End Date: August 30, 2019
Salary: $13.55/hr (35 hours per week)
CANADA SUMMER JOBS FUNDING: Due to the funding guidelines, applicants must be between the age of 15-30 and a Canadian citizen. Preference will be given to CBU students/alumni.
The Alumni & Development Assistant will work with members of the Alumni and Development Department in a number of areas including events, marketing and communications, and fundraising with donors and alumni.
Reporting to the Institutional Advancement Officer, the student will be part of a 7-person team in Alumni & Development department, so has the opportunity to learn from professionals in various advancement roles including fundraising, customer relationship management database, communications, marketing, public relations, event planning and management, prospect research, proposal writing. Includes participation in weekly department meetings. This position is open to current CBU students or alumni.
Specifically, the Alumni & Development Assistant will:
- Plan, promote and execute alumni events in partnership with Alumni Association and other university departments. Events for the summer period include alumni activities throughout summer in communities across Cape Breton Island in conjunction with CBU Road Squad and CAPERS in the Community
- The position will also plan alumni activities as part of Orientation weeks at the university, (including varsity sports games) and promotion of the Call for Submission for the Alumni Awards Dinner in November;
- Research and interview alumni in order to create a databank of “intriguing & interesting” alumni profiles for use in print and online marketing campaigns and other communications material;
- Promote and assist with communications through web site and alumni social media platforms;
- Work to develop the Grad Class Society in the 2019-20 academic year;
- Assist with planning university events including President’s Leadership Dinner/CAPERS Hall of Fame;
- Assist with meetings, events and communications of the CBU Alumni Association Board of Directors;
- Develop skills using databases and other marketing/communications tools;
- Work in an energetic, team-oriented environment and continue to develop skills, participating, leading and assisting in projects and tasks of varied sizes for different stakeholder audiences.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline: Wednesday July 10th at 4:00pm