▪ Prior work with kids (ages 5-12)
▪ Enrollment in one of the following post-secondary programs of study; early childhood education,
youth counselling, education, recreation studies or other related course of study.
▪ Sports/recreation training and/or coaching certifications
▪ Musical and/or artistic inclinations
▪ Special Skills, Hobbies and/or Interests and the desire to impart knowledge in a low-key educational
▪ Supervisory experience
▪ Energetic and outgoing, able to command the attention and engage with large groups
▪ Safety related training (WHMIS, First Aid, + CPR, etc)
▪ Must be a quick learner, who is capable of quickly adapting to new situations and thinking on their
feet; with the capacity to remain calm and level-headed in high intensity environments
The successful candidate will possess the following: a positive attitude and passion for working with
youth, excellent listening and communication skills, physical stamina, patience, team-oriented attitude.
The Bras d’Or Lakes Day Camps (BOLD) is an 8 week, full-time summer day camp for kids between the
ages of 5-12. We offer on-going enrichment through new experiences & challenges, physical activity &
sport recreation, creative expression, field-trips and nature excursions with a host of visiting mentors,
coaches, musicians and local artisans.
BOLD focuses on building self-confidence and promoting personal growth and independence in a safe
and secure environment. Operating out of Bras d’Or Lakes Day Centre (Kidston Landing, 490 Chebucto
St. Baddeck, NS) we are able to offer campers a wide range of in-house activities on rainy days and
opportunities for outings on sunnier ones, as well as weekly field trips to local cultural venues. We have
the added benefit of being in the heart of Cape Breton, with access to a multitude of National parks and
Under the direction of the Summer Camp Coordinator, this temporary term position will primarily be
responsible for delivering and supervising the day to day program (activities, events, snacks, and meals)
accounting for safety at all times with continued awareness and accurate attendance checks. Through
positive role modelling, encouragement and support, the Counsellors will direct and participate in day to
day activities in a manner that improves the quality of the children’s interactions with each other while
promoting safety and demonstrating high standards of personal conduct. The Counsellors are
responsible for mediating any issues that may arise amongst the children and must work to problem
solve any concerns or issues that arise.
Camp operates Monday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm through the months of July and August with training
in June; some overtime may be required.
Please send Cover Letter and Resume email@example.com.
Applicants will be asked to provide 3 references (minimum 1 employment reference)