Camp Rankin is a co-ed residential camp for 4-H members ages 9 to 15. Broken into five one-week camps (ie. three one-week camps ages 9 – 12 and two week-long camp ages 13 – 15), the camp week begins on Sunday afternoon and ends the following Friday morning. A staff of nine is employed for the total five weeks of camp. Each week, six counselors-in-training are brought in as unpaid volunteers to help the counselors and “learn the ropes”. Through camp we strive to uphold the 4-H values and traditions which encourage care and responsibility for our resources and teaches positive life skills to youth. Camp Rankin is located in Cape Breton just outside of St. Peter’s on the Bras d’Or Lakes.
– Must have experience working with youth, preferably in a residential summer camping environment.
– Must provide evidence of supervisory skills, a high level of maturity and demonstrate leadership capabilities.
– Required to be knowledgeable about the 4-H camp and the importance of rural youth development in the province.
– Experience in program design, having a strong understanding of the needs of the age group attending the camp.
– First Aid/CPR and WHMIS certification will be provided during pre-camp training.
– The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Police Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check.
Under the direction of the Camp Director and the Event Facilitator with 4-H Nova Scotia, the Assistant Director is to:
– Provide leadership to the councilors and campers as part of the five-week Camp Rankin program from July 7th to August 9th 2019.
– Assist the Director with camp set-up for the summer, supervision, direction, orientation program and coaching of staff in their respective jobs.
– Assist with the organization and delivery of an educational, exciting and safe camp program for youth aged 9-15.
– Assist with the scheduling of all camp activities, and ensuring that campers are adequately supervised twenty-four hours a day.
– In the event of the Director’s absence, the Assistant Director will assume directional duties and responsibilities until the Director returns.
SALARY: $1,330.00 bi-weekly for a total of 6 weeks **Accommodation and meals are provided during training and throughout the duration of camp.
Location: Just outside of St. Peter’s, Cape Breton on the Bras D’or Lakes.
Apply with resume and cover letter (referencing the position) by March 15, 2019.
By email at email@example.com; fax 902-843-3989; or in-person at 90 Research Drive, Suite 122, Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2