Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
You will gain knowledge an understanding of the Aquaculture industry, and experience working with both cold and warm water species. Travel is an important aspect of the position, with customer visits required throughout the North America regions, and training will be offered as part of the internship. You will also have the opportunity to liaise with important teams within the business, including Research and Development, Raw Material Sourcing, Formulations, and Production, in order to understand the business and deliver appropriate and accurate advice to support Key Account Managers and the customer. Technical support includes customer follow up activities, such as advice on feed management, dietary strategies, disease prevention and suppression, developing and distributing marketing materials across various platforms, reporting laboratory results, flesh quality analysis, and data collection, interpretation, and reporting. You will also have opportunity to learn and understand laboratory practices, feed manufacturing, customer service, and logistics in addition to this sales based role.
- Internships are paid and are at least 16 weeks in duration.
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered a full-time position for the following year.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited program graduating between December 2018 and May 2020 in an Aquaculture related field
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the Canada.
- Able to complete a 16 month internship (May 2018 – August 2019)
- Surrey, BC
- EWOS Canada Ltd Feed plant and office
- Travel up to 25% of the time, at times. Geographical area: North America – Canada, USA and Mexico
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Must be able to complete essential functions of this job as outlined in the job description with reasonable accommodationsPreferred:
- Overall 3.0 GPA or higher
- Legally entitled to work/travel in the USA
This is a Co-op Position with Cape Breton University. For more information on this option in your degree, please contact Student Placement Officer – Carly Turnbull. firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require accommodation please contact email@example.com
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.