The Position: Medical Writer
Cornerstone is currently seeking an experienced Medical Writer for a full-time, on-site position within our multi-disciplinary team at either our Sydney, Nova Scotia or Burlington, Ontario office. The Medical Writer will develop evidence-based, value-driven documents that support the communication of global and local health economic and market access activities for medical device and pharmaceutical products.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A bachelor’s or advanced degree in the life sciences (e.g., pharmacology) or a related field
- A love of science combined with strong writing skills and an interest in their intersection with health care
- Preference may be given to new graduates who are eligible for Nova Scotia’s Innovate to Opportunity and Graduate to Opportunity Programs
- Demonstrated writing skills (samples will be requested)
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational abilities
- Sense of urgency to meet goals, objectives, and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Demonstrated initiative and accountability
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with literature reviews, systematic reviews, critical appraisal, and/or health technology assessment
Key responsibilities will include the design and development of product value dossiers, value messages, clinical summaries, peer-reviewed manuscripts, health technology assessments, and white papers for pharmaceutical and biotechnology products. Specific tasks may include the following:
- Conduct structured and/or systematic reviews of clinical and economic literature
- Synthesize, interpret, and communicate clinical and economic data, including disease-specific and pharmaceutical product research
- Develop outlines
- Develop strategic content
- onduct revisions
- Perform proofreading
- Support meta-analyses and network meta-analyses
- Work with and potentially manage other writers and researchers (dependent on level of experience)
The Company Cornerstone Research Group (www.cornerstone-research.com) is a fast-growing, internationally recognized consulting company located in Burlington, Ontario. We are also opening an office in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Our focus is on identifying, demonstrating, and communicating the value of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device products for companies in Canada, the US, and Europe. We offer innovative health economic, outcomes, and comparative-effectiveness services along with multimedia communication platforms. We pride ourselves on providing high-quality work that has been published in a wide range of peer-reviewed journals. We have a reputation for strategic thinking that supports the development of tools that meet the needs of both our clients and health technology assessment agencie
Please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is Monday, July 16th, 2018.
Please note the title of the position to which you are applying in the subject line of your email.