What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada’s mission is ‘Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services’. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family’s strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family’s belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
WJS contracts with governments across Canada to provide community-based services to children and families, persons with developmental disabilities, and young offenders. The continuum of services offered by WJS is designed to foster positive life changes and increase self-esteem and confidence.
• Degree in Social Work, Human Services or People Management/Project Management or relevant field.
• 5 years management and quality assurance experience.
• Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and clean driver’s abstract.
• Knowledge of the goals, objectives, structure and operations of major social service agencies.
• Collaborative leadership and team work skills.
• Excellent skills in problem-solving and monitoring quality assurance systems.*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
- Management – 3 year(s)
- Social Service – 3 year(s)
- Conflict Resolution – 1 year(s)
- Bachelors- Other
- Implementing Programs
- Policy Analyst
- Project Manager
- Quality Analyst
- Social Science
WJS Canada defines QUALITY as reliable performance excellence that is realized through continuous improvement and measured by the difference made in people’s lives.
For over 30 years our dedicated team of over 650 staff have been providing social services to children, youth, adults and families facing difficulties in communities across Canada. All our programs provide high quality, personalized and culturally responsive care in even the most complex cases.
The Director, Quality Service is hands-on and assumes oversight of all aspects of Quality Assurance across the organization. Working with national and provincial senior management to ensure that the support and programs provided to the people we serve meet agreed upon standards. Standards that come from funders, professional organizations, evidence-based practices and public policies aimed at improving outcomes for persons served.
In Your Role You Will
• Implement WJS Canada’s quality strategy.
• Plan, establish and maintain reliability standards and quality service initiatives together with management team.
• Engage and train staff teams in WJS policies and quality standards/initiatives.
• Research current and emerging standards; conferring with licensing and/or quality assurance professionals/consultants.
• Devise evaluation methods and procedures.
• Establish/enhance and/or maintain a quality documentation system and compliance/inspection standards.