Location: Variable (Mi’kmaq communities across Nova Scotia)
Category: Recent or Potential CBU Grads
Digital Mi’kmaq is looking for energetic, skilled and creative individuals with a strong committment to excellence to join our team of digital educators working in Mi’kmaq communities across Nova Scotia.
Adopting an integrated hands-on approach to learning, Digital Mi’kmaq isengaged this fall in delivering enriched STEM focused curriculum in Mi’kmaq schools and communities across Nova Scotia. Starting November, our monthly programs will focus on computer science, coding, big data, animation, web development and 3D modelling. We’ll also be running after school programs and Saturday morning workshops in all these areas. These educational positions, require highly motivated, engaging and well organized individuals comfortable working in an entrepreneurial creative environment. As a qualitative educational initiative we are looking for confident individuals with background expertise in digital education and the various areas being taught. The position involves a 40 hour work week with a salary of $38,000 annually.
- You will complete a criminal check prior to being hired.
- You have a G Class Drivers License and your own vehicle.
- You are comfortable working with technology in a creative learning environment.
- You get along well with others and offer strong interpersonal skills.
- You can trouble shoot when the need arises, and take a proactive approach to problem solving.
- You are respectful, culturally aware,honest and reliable.
- You enjoy and have experience working with children and youth of all ages.
- Maintaining a strong attention to detail and commitment to excellence to ensure students have great learning experiences.
- Preparing for each weekly lesson in school by reviewing resources provided, ensuring that you are prepared to deliver the content to students.
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with teachers and other school staff, communicating effectively and dealing with all inquiries and comments in a professional manner.
- Receiving training in various technologies, including Scratch, 3D modelling, Artificial Intelligence, and Big Data.
- Working well with others and pitching in to support educators as needed.
- Participating in posting students’ creativity and achievements to our social media site in support of the educational programs goals.
- Sharing your experience in, and love of, technology and digital skills with First Nations students with enthusiasm and positive mentorship
If interested please forward a brief covering letter, resume, references and contact details to email@example.com