About the job
This staffing process is being reposted and was originally published in September 2018. If you have previously applied, there is no need to reapply.
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to work for one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada !
We are currently looking for talented individuals to fill a variety of exciting and challenging positions in various areas. The job duties will vary depending on the position.
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is recognized as one of the best tax administrations in the world—and much of that success is a reflection on its dedicated and talented staff. The CRA is an organization that takes great pride in having a diverse workforce with wide-ranging skill sets. Not only does it provide employees, including students and veterans, with variety, mobility, flexibility, and continuous learning but it also offers career advancement opportunities through meaningful and valuable work.
Essential Staffing Requirements
To be eligible, you’ll need to meet the following requirements.
You must clearly demonstrate on your candidate profile how you meet the essential staffing requirements required at the prerequisites stage.
Degree, applied degree or diploma, obtained by June 2019, from a recognized postsecondary* institution (e.g. college, CEGEP, university)
A *recognized postsecondary institution is defined as a Canadian public or private institution that is recognized or authorized to grant degrees, diplomas, and other credentials by a public or private act of the provincial/territorial legislature or through a government-mandated quality assurance mechanism. The institution must be listed in the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials.
Please review CRA’s minimum education standards at the following link: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/careers-cra/browse-job-types/cra-s-minimum-education-standards.html
Note: As well as your online application, you must upload into your Candidate Profile your essential education credentials demonstrating that you meet the essential education requirements for the position(s) being staffed. If your education credentials are not uploaded by closing date of this notice, your application will not be considered further.
No experience required.
• Reliability/Security – Reliability Status
Any asset staffing requirements indicated below may be applied/assessed at a later date and may be used for appointment.
- Specific experience
- Additional education or training
- Budgetary considerations
- Duration of appointment
- Start date
- Minimize business disruption
- Employment Equity
• Depending on the position, you may be assessed using a standardized assessment of the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and/or of the Public Service Commission (PSC), a locally developed assessment tool (LDT), an interview and/or reference check.
• The required pass mark will depend on the position being staffed. A top-down approach may be used.
• Results from standardized tests are portable to other staffing processes. Results from locally developed assessment tools (LDTs) are not portable to other staffing processes.
• You are expected to make yourself available for assessments when scheduled, at your own expense. There will be no rescheduling without extenuating circumstances. If you fail to present yourself at your scheduled testing session, you will not be considered further.
Second Language Self-Assessment
In order to help you decide if you should apply to a bilingual position, an optional self-assessment of your written expression or reading comprehension in your second official language is available for you to take before completing your application.
For more information, please consult:
Persons living in Canada and Canadian citizens living abroad who are recent graduates or will graduate from a recognized post-secondary institution (e.g. college, CEGEP, university) by June 2019.
Preference for appointment will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order.
We will expect candidates appointed from this process to relocate to one of these locations. Candidates from the general public will have to pay any expenses related to relocation as well as any travel for assessments.
Are you ready to apply? Before applying, make sure you meet all requirements.
Name: Shawn Bernard
Email Address: ATL_Recruitment/Recrutement_ATL@cra-arc.gc.ca