- 25 or younger?
- A graduate from a recognized university?
- Able to communicate in both English and French?
- Legally able to work in Canada?
- Interested in Canadian politics and federalism?
If you answered yes to all, you are eligible to apply to the Council of the Federation’s Youth Internship Program.
The Council of the Federation Youth Internship Program offers recent graduates a full-time paid opportunity to work in Canadian intergovernmental relations.
Every year we accept applications from across Canada to participate in the program. Interns:
- Are paid $40,000 – and relocation expenses up to a maximum of $3,000
- Gain a better understanding of the Canadian federation
- Improve their ability to capture and debrief policy discussions
- Travel to different parts of Canada to assist with planning and organizing meetings of Premiers and senior officials
- Develop skills across different domains – including social media and communications
- Work in a non-partisan setting
- Relocate to Ottawa or Gatineau for one year (starting July) – and work steps away from Parliament Hill!
For further details, visit canadaspremiers.ca/youth-internship-program/.
Submit your application form with all the needed documentation:
- Letter of interest
- 200-word assignment
- Copies of all held university transcripts